ACPI implementation

Rada and Gus rada_anr at sancharnet.in
Fri Aug 22 15:45:28 UTC 2003

I don't know if this is the "correct" forum for addressing this
question/problem but I have been impressed by the responses and
attitudes on this list.  I have been using RedHat for three years and I
have RH9 on my presario 2800 laptop.  Works really fine, but I can't
tell how much battery power is left when running on battery.  I've tried
to understand how to enable ACPI, but recompiling the kernel was the
easiest part of the process to understand.   I am not a newbie, but the
process far surpasses my computing skills.

I've read that other distro(s) implement ACPI "right out of the box".
Is there any chance for the upcoming release to have this feature
enabled by default on the laptop install?  Gus Degreef