Need help with Limewire installation

Shadhin rahman shadhine at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 25 09:31:29 UTC 2003

I downloaded j2sdk and installed on my linux box.  It
was a .bin file to be exact
j2sdk-1.4.2-nb-3.5-bin-linux.bin.  The installation
went through properly. I installed it on    the opt
directory because it was the default directory.  Now I
went on and tried to install the LimeWire software.
When I tried to do so it was giving me and eror that
it could not find the vm.  The  exact error is given
below
Extracting the installation resources from the
installer archive...
Configuring the installer for this system's
environment...
No Java virtual machine could be found from your PATH
environment variable.  You must install a VM prior to
running this program.

Now I dont know what to do.  I think I need to
redirect the path for the VM or something.  If anyone
has any suggestion,  Please help me