Installed with disastrous results

PCDEBB | Fedora-list fedora at pcdebb.net
Wed Dec 3 13:02:18 UTC 2003

Well I actually did install grub in the mbr.  It was a little tricky
restoring the mbr (my win2k server cd isnt bootable but my win2k pro cd was)

Ben, what you have there is almost exact to what I had (read below).  My
setup is a little weird tho.  I have two hard drives, and I have my linux
install on the D: drive, so its like (it said somewhere) /dev/hdb3/ or some
thing like that.  I usually let the install auto allocate the sizes for me,
if I'm not mistaken I reserved 15gigs, which I may use partition majik to
wipe those partitions, increase it to 20gigs and also make a fat32 partition
of about 5 gigs to share between linux and windows (that's how I should do
it right?)

When I go back, just to make things clear from the start, I want to get some
good info, and redo it fresh and clean and try to do it right.

Ben, I found the code I posted on a forum, this is what I had:

Somewhee I read that the splashimage will yield weird results, so at some
point I commented that line out.

# grub.conf generated by anaconda
#
# NOTICE:  You have a /boot partition.  This means that
#          all kernel and initrd paths are relative to /boot/, eg.
#          root (hd1,4)
#          kernel /vmlinuz-version ro root=/dev/hdb6
#          initrd /initrd-version.img
#boot=/dev/hda
default=1
timeout=10
splashimage=(hd1,4)/grub/splash.xpm.gz
title Fedora Core (2.4.22-1.2115.nptl)
        root (hd1,4)
        kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.22-1.2115.nptl ro root=LABEL=/ hdd=ide-scsi
        initrd /initrd-2.4.22-1.2115.nptl.img
title Windows
        unhide (hd0,0)
        rootnoverify (hd0,0)