overwriting with Rpms

Michael Kearey mutk at iprimus.com.au
Mon Dec 1 15:40:36 UTC 2003

Blaine Gordon wrote:
> This should be an easy one. I want to install an RPM for Mozilla to
> update it. If I try I get a message that it conflicts with the current
> version. Is there a command which overwrites the current version using
> RPM's?

Mozilla consists of several rpms. Attempting to install just one when
there are several others depending on the one you are replacing is
troublesome.

See what mozilla rpms you have installed :
rpm -qa |grep moz

My Redhat 9 box shows :
rpm -qa |grep moz
mozilla-nss-1.5-1
mozilla-chat-1.5-1
mozilla-js-debugger-1.5-1
mozilla-nspr-devel-1.5-1
mozilla-devel-1.5-1
mozilla-nspr-1.5-1
mozilla-mail-1.5-1
mozilla-nss-devel-1.5-1
mozilla-dom-inspector-1.5-1
mozilla-1.5-1
mozilla-debuginfo-1.5-1

Get all the rpm packages (Updated ones) that is listed by rpm -qa
|grep moz .

Run 'rpm -Fvh *.rpm' in the directory you downloaded the updated rpms to.

Hopefully this will result in updated mozilla

Cheers,
Michael