Minimum system to support RedHat Fedora Linux

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Mon Dec 1 16:15:45 UTC 2003

At 20:02 11/30/2003, you wrote:
>I live in a rural area and am getting people interested in Linux.  We're
>thinking of starting up a Linux club, and I'd like to know of the
>experiences of others in sizing a system to run Fedora -- that is, the
>LOW END starter system suitable for a start-up Linux club.

If you're buying new hardware, anything will be an excellent starter
system. Just put enough RAM in there for Fedora... at least 128MB if you
are using graphical, more if you can get it.

To prove my point, I am running Fedora on a Pentium/166 with 32MB of RAM
and a 500MB disk (in text mode, of course) as a small network server
(firewall/gateway, dhcp, dns, and ntp for 10 workstations) and it runs just
fine.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com