compiling the fedora kernel from source

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at web.de
Mon Dec 1 20:15:11 UTC 2003

Am Mo, den 01.12.2003 schrieb Yannick Gagnon um 20:56:
> Hi all,
>
> I installed fedora and a lot of thing isn't working, such as acpi,

did you boot with "acpi=on"?

>  usb, etc. So I downloaded the fedora kernel-source to modify it and
> recompile, but it crashes at 'make modules' I can't recall the error,
> but I tried a couple time, always the same error.
I guess it was something like:

undefined reference to 'active_load_balence'

right? Do a "make oldconfig menuconfig" BTW: Did you do "export
CC=gcc32" before?

> Anyone knows whats wrong with the kernel source or system???

Search the archives please. And please bee so kind as not to sent HTML
(with background image!!!) mails. Thanks a lot!

Christoph