Minimum system to support RedHat Fedora Linux

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Tue Dec 2 02:06:06 UTC 2003

At 12:59 12/1/2003, Don wrote:
>The machine is a Pentium 60MHz, 96 Meg RAM, CD-ROM drive (non-bootable)
>
>[...]
>
>I think this is a good example of how a really obsolete piece of hardware
>can have a few more miles squeezed out of it. :-)
>
>I wish I could get X installed on it properly though so I could run an
>X-Windows session from one of my other machines.... I don't see why that
>shouldn't work.  I'll have to add that to my to-do list.

Probably already done for you:

http://www.rule-project.org

How to use Red Hat CD's and a custom installer to put recent versions of
RHL (soon Fedora) onto hardware which otherwise would be considered too old
to support it. Successful installs of RHL 8.0 systems using their installer
were documented using 486 computers and 8 MB of RAM... your P/60 will do
just fine and likely have a working GUI as well.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com