CPUFreq patch for kernel 2.4.23[ Was RE: kernel 2.4.23]

Ow Mun Heng ow.mun.heng at wdc.com
Tue Dec 2 02:07:23 UTC 2003

Since Alan Cox is busy with some _other_ stuffs, and the last -ac series was
the 2.4.22-ac4, and I wanted the New "Laptop_mode" I did some hacking of my
own.

So.. Here's the patch for cpufreq (taken from a site in
http://ftp.linuk.org.uk) against the vanilla 2.4.23 kernel (taken from
http://kernel.org) (why is it called vanilla.. why can't it be
rum-&-raisin?? yumm)

I've tested it on my Laptop and CPUFreq compiled in without any problems and
I'm using it. (NO extensive testing. I just made the patch like yesterday
_night_. It was a long night...)

So.. I guess now, I have the best of both...CPUfreq and Laptop_mode
support.. Yeh!!!
(I'm Very proud of myself my very 1st patch and my very 1st contribution to
the Linux community.. So.. let me boast it out a bit okay???)

if anyone wants this as an attachment.. Drop me a email