PCMCIA NIC

J.B. Nicholson-Owens jbn at forestfield.org
Tue Dec 2 03:25:31 UTC 2003

David C. Hart wrote:
> Does anyone have a cardbus PCMCIA NIC that actually WORKS?

Yes.  The 3Com Megahertz 10/100 LAN CardBus model 3CXFE575BT.  The one I'm
looking at right now has an XJack connector (a pop-out device you plug in an
ethernet cable into).  No additional cables or dongles required.

It'll cost you about $18 shipped from Micronet Networking in San Francisco
(see http://micronetxp.com), according to Pricewatch (search for "3com
3CXFE575BT").

I have no idea what driver it uses but it works perfectly in Red Hat 9
GNU/Linux, so I'm guessing it will work just as well in Fedora Core 1
GNU/Linux.  For less than you probably paid for lunch today, you could just
buy one and try it.

I don't work for any of the companies just mentioned.  I'm just trying to be
helpful.