dma error on startup

Iain Buchanan iain at pcorp.com.au
Tue Dec 2 06:53:46 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 14:22, Corey Taylor wrote:
> Hi all. I get the following message on startup:
>
> Journalled Block Device driver loaded
> hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
> hda: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError BadCRC }
[etc]

> Is this a cause for concern. Does this mean I have a bad hard drive?

I used to get this all the time with RH9.  It turned out that my bios
settings had something to do with it.  In my bios I had the secondary
controller disabled, or something like that, so I re-enabled it, and the
messages went away.

Sorry I can't be more specific, it was a while ago!

HTH,
--
Iain Buchanan <iain at pcorp.nospam.com.au>

Thus spake the master programmer:
	"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to
	be maintained."
		-- Geoffrey James, "The Tao of Programming"