xmms & evolution <- gaim

Alexandre Strube surak at surak.eti.br
Tue Dec 2 10:15:21 UTC 2003

Em Sex, 2003-11-28 às 17:27, Bill Anderson escreveu:

> > I switched off mail announce sounds but problem still remain.
> > If xmms is runnig and paused evolution even doesn't start, after pressing
> > play it start correctly.
> > In var/log/messages i cannot see anything
> Do you have gaim running? I've seen gaim lay siege to /dev/dsp. Often.
> It could be that when you pause xmms, gaim seizes the sound device. It
> happens to me, but it doesn't lock up.

This occurs when they both use esd... Gaim allow you to choose which way
you play a sound. I use "command", and set it as "play %s", and together
with ALSA, it can play the wav files simultaneously with xmms, mplayer
(and even evolution hehehehe)

--
[]s

Alexandre Ganso
500 FOUR vermelha - Diretor Steel Goose Moto Group