flagged to be skipped ?

Michael Kearey mutk at iprimus.com.au
Tue Dec 2 14:06:47 UTC 2003

Arturo Duran wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just checked /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date,
>
> and read ALL lines referring to "pkg".
>
> I still have the question
>
> What is "skip" supposed to mean?

The default setup/configuration of up2date is to 'skip' the kernel
package. Probably to prevent an unattended installation/upgrade of
your current running kernel.

To install the updated kernel do as the others in the thread have said
  (Read)

I prefer the commandline up2date over any GUI..

up2date -i kernel --force   will overide the 'skip' and install the
kernel (Leaving the original still available to boot from of course)

Cheers,
Michael