PCMCIA NIC

Allan Metts ametts2 at mindspring.com
Tue Dec 2 15:16:58 UTC 2003

I've had good luck with the Xircom RealPort cards -- I've bought several on
eBay for $15 - 25 (often with modems as well), and put them in old
Celeron-equipped Fedora laptops.

These cards occupy two PCMCIA slots, but the nice thing about them is they
have a real Ethernet jack right on the card (i.e., no XJack that breaks
off, and no dongle to lose).

A----