vid card issue

Peter Eddy petere at atg.com
Tue Dec 2 17:11:22 UTC 2003

mike webster wrote:

> The only problem I ran across was with my dual-headed Matrox G-450 video
> card.  Symptoms were very inconsistent.  Upon initial power-on with the
> first CD, when trying to launch X for the graphical install - the box
> locked hard.  Okay, I'll just install using text mode - I got all the
> way through the install, then upon firstboot, X wouldn't start.  The box

For what it's worth, I too have a dual-headed G450 but I was able to
install and boot at runlevel 5 with no problems. No problems, except
that my fonts are screwed up somehow. I haven't had time to investigate
the problem, but it might have something to do with me using Matrox's X
drivers instead of the default.

Peter