Compiling custom kernel

SUNYER Emmanuel esunyer at web-piramide.com
Tue Dec 2 17:39:19 UTC 2003

jason pearl a écrit :

> what error messages did u get ... some programs will tell u what is
> needed or read the dependencies

Well, I find out I had to do an "export CC=gcc32" to succesfully compile
the modules... but now I get error messages concerning some modules
(asus_acpi for instance). I can't imagine I have to uncheck the "faulty"
modules in the xconfig each time I get an error until I get a succesfull
compilation !

I can't understand what's happening as I have made an "make oldconfig"
with the config initially located in /boot (2.4.22-1.2119.ntpl)... those
modules are available for the "default kernel" ! The only thing I did is
to check to "y" the ACPI features instead of "m"...

E.S.

> On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 07:05, SUNYER Emmanuel wrote:
>
>>/Hi everyone,
>>
>>I just wonder how to compile a custom kernel (2.4.23 for instance) with
>>Fedora... I apparently have gcc version issues and a google search
>>didn't help.
>>
>>Thanks in advance
>>
>>E.S.
>>

>>--