Latest kernel won't update with latest version of up2date

Robert Moggach rob at moggach.com
Tue Dec 2 18:54:26 UTC 2003

I had a similar problem earlier today...
I tried two or three times.
It seems to have now been resolved...

As a note though. My NVIDIA drivers have stopped working.

I originally did a custom compile using the .run file from nvidia.com.
These drivers don't work with the new kernel apparently...

The X config prog. finds the video card and identifies it using the
included 'nv' driver

Are there any advantages to using the nvidia.com .run file or is the
built in nvidia driver up to date and optimized for somewhat recent
cards?

(I'm using an FX 5200)

thanks...