Updating Busted By Busy Servers?

billg billg at f-m.fm
Tue Dec 2 23:59:50 UTC 2003

Much updating weirdness the last few hours:

I reinstalled FC1 this afternoon. Once the install finished, I went
straight to up2date.  Judging by the extremely slow transfer rates,  the
servers were pegged.  When the transfer of a given file would apparently
time out (as indicated by the up2date progress bar) several minutes would
pass and then up2date would display a notice that the package's gpg was
invalid.  However, that was not the case, because the message did not
reappear when I subsequently managed to successfully download those
packages.

Eventually updated everything I need successfully, but 'twas a pain.

billg