Updating Busted By Busy Servers?

Tom Mitchell mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 3 01:06:09 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003, Kit Knox wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-12-02 at 16:09, nosp wrote:
>
> > I'd recommend people try mirrors.kernel.org or one of the other FC
> > mirrors on http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors.html .  Plenty of
> > bandwidth out there.  Change /etc/yum.conf and/or
> > /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources.
>
> It really seems that an official Fedora load balancer is needed.  It
> should be aware of mirrors, and each file that they contain.

Are there napster like distributed distribution tools being
considered out there. A modest set of master systems with md5sum
headers and entry pointers to a redistribution tree.  In the old
UUCP days if you were willing to distribute to a bounded set of
hosts you could receive.  (Fanout made ECL king until transistor
counts went insane).

For now I will update more often from mirrors