conexant combo

Ow Mun Heng ow.mun.heng at wdc.com
Wed Dec 3 01:51:19 UTC 2003

Aren't thet $$$??? I have the beta versions of it.. But currently with the
2.4.23 kernel, it can't seem to compile. It used to compile fine when I
patched serial_core.c at line 1073

from

[original]
        down(&state->count_sem);
        spin_lock_irqsave(&info->lock, flags);
        if ((tty->count) == 1) && (state->count != 1)) {
                /*
                 * Uh, oh.  tty->count is 1, which means that the tty
                 * structure will be freed.  state->count should always
[Patched]
	down(&state->count_sem);
        spin_lock_irqsave(&info->lock, flags);
   ---> if ((atomic_read(&tty->count) == 1) && (state->count != 1)) {
                /*
                 * Uh, oh.  tty->count is 1, which means that the tty
                 * structure will be freed.  state->count should always

But now with that patch, I get this during compile..

* cimpiling (gcc) serial_hsf.c
in file included from serial_hsf.c:897
serial_core.c : In function `uart close`:
serial_core.c :1073 request for member 'counter' in something not a
structure or a union

make : ***[serial_hsf.o] Error 1

Anyone know what's the issue here.. or have the fix for it?? Serial_core.c
is actually "Free Software" as stated in the source code.

Help... Need this for my modem.. (& I need the modem cause I don't have
broadband)

Thanks
OW