Also having problems installing new kernel

Gilbert Sebenste sebenste at weather.admin.niu.edu
Wed Dec 3 04:51:52 UTC 2003

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003, nosp wrote:

> > It *still* doesn't help me install the kernel source file from Fedora
> > properly. It still gives me the same GPG error. I double checked and I
> > have seen no update to the file since it was posted at 12:22 UTC.
>
> People have mentioned problems with the kernel-source rpm...is the one
> you've downloaded ok?  This is the one I've got successfully installed:
>
> # ls -l kernel-source-2.4.22-1.2129.nptl.i386.rpm
> -rw-r--r--    1 XX XX 41297002 Dec  2 16:44
> kernel-source-2.4.22-1.2129.nptl.i386.rpm

That would be it. As others have now pointed out, it may very well be that
not all of the file was downloaded. But I have tried both yum and RHN, and
I get the same error. Now, here's a question: How do I add mirrors
to RHN and yum.conf? Yum.conf just sounds like I give a site a name and
blammo, I'm there. Is that right? As for Up2date, I assume I need to run
update-config.

Question: how fast are the mirror sites in getting the updates, compared
with the master at RH? I'll try downloading the kernel source file
manually from one of those sites tomorrow. Or, if someone responds timely,
how to alter tum.conf or RHN to work with mirrors.

Thanks all for the responses!

E-mail: gilbert at niu.edu                                               ***