Making GIF images using Gnome has a background color problem

Gilbert Sebenste sebenste at weather.admin.niu.edu
Wed Dec 3 04:57:38 UTC 2003

Gnome gurus,

One more question to scratch your head over.

I am making weather radar images using proprietary software. Now, here's
the rub...

When I ran this software under RH-9, the background was always black,
which was what was desired. But in FC-1, the background imagery is always
white. This, when the software has the background turned "off". So, Gnome
supplies the color.

This might be a bug, or is there a way to make background images and
programs to have a dark, black background instead of white?

E-mail: gilbert at niu.edu                                               ***