removed mp3 support in media players in fedora core 1

Thorsten shockie at gmx.net
Thu Dec 4 20:00:00 UTC 2003

hello,

i installed FC1 this afternoon (being a linux newbie) and wanted to
listen to an mp3 stream in xmms when a pop-up window came up informing
me that RH had removed mp3 capabilities due to certain reasons..

can anybody tell me whether there's a way to actually listen to mp3s
without having to convert all mp3s to ogg and listening to one of the
few ogg streams? i found maybe 2 or 3 that were not some cultural radio
station or pop-oriented...?

cheers,

- Thorsten