removed mp3 support in media players in fedora core 1

Trevor Smith trevor at haligonian.com
Fri Dec 5 04:36:02 UTC 2003

OK, wait a minute...

There is no *legal* way to listen to MP3s in Linux? There is no free
player?

What exactly is the licensing issue we're talking about here?

Interestingly I noticed that wasn't getting any sound out of an audio
CD I had in my drive the other day. It was autodetected and CDDB sent
info on who it was and the player *said* it was playing and time was
counting, but no sounds were coming out of my speakers.

My speakers do produce sounds from system events and such and the 'test
audio' bit plays when I install FC1 and it detects my sound card.

 Trevor Smith    |    trevor at haligonian.com