Evolution loses it's address book

Douglas Furlong douglas.furlong at firebox.com
Fri Dec 5 08:47:28 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-12-04 at 16:36, Paul Penrod wrote:
> Has anyone seen the situation where Evolution starts, you can be reading
> mail and the address book is there, but when you go to compose a message
> the address book magically disappears and sometimes will come back if
> you restart Evolution? If it does not, then I have to restart the account, and
> sometimes restart the machine to get Evolution to "find" it's address book.

Hi Paul.

The only similar symptoms I have suffered is when using an LDAP
directory for the address book. At times the LDAP component of evolution
"crashes" which requires a restart of evolution (there may be other ways
to re-enable it but I don't know how).

On restarting evolution all is okay (till the next crash of course).

However, like I said this does not seem to be the same thing as you.

Doug