printing to a network printer - follow up

Don dnrlinux at san.rr.com
Fri Dec 5 08:51:37 UTC 2003

Thanks to all who replied to my situation of not being able to print to
an HP LaserJet 5Si JetDirect card....

I tried reconfiguring the printer: Network Jet Direct and printing a
test page. A single page actually printed, but with just a single line
across the top of the page.

cups is running, cups-lpd is running, I tried the hpijs driver, I also
tried the recommended driver hpi5gray (I'm at home now, I'm not sure of
the exact name)

The firewall is stopped. I can ping the printer successfully.

I'm running out of things to try... :-( And as I was expecting this
"project" to only take a couple of hours, I don't know how much more
time I can spend on it until I'll have to concede and run a Windows
application instead.... :-(

Don