Please Add Nvidia install info to FAQ [WAS Re: FC1 & NVIDIAaccelerated drivers.]

antonio montagnani anto.montagnani at virgilio.it
Fri Dec 5 15:20:54 UTC 2003

Benjamin J. Weiss ha scritto:

>>Just to understand: you didn't install Fedora because you love to use
>>Outlook Express 5.5???
>>

>Nope.
>
>I run a RH9 server at home for email and a bunch of other stuff.  At work
>(where I am right now) I am not allowed to install mozilla mail.  The only
>client that I'm allowed to use is either Outlook or Outlook Express.  I use
>Outlook for work email, and have configured Outlook Express to use both
>imaps and TLS/smtp-auth so that I have encrypted email sessions.
>
>I haven't upgraded from RH9 to FC1 at home, because for every "FC1 worked
>just fine for me!" post, I see a bunch of "Has anybody gotten this to work?"
>or "This worked on RH9, but not on FC1" or such posts.  If this list didn't
>have around 400 posts a day, I'd go back through the archives for the last
>two months and compile a list of the things that just aren't working, so I
>could guage it against FC2 when it comes out.
>
>I have a friend who's really happy with Mac OS X, but it seems like software
>doesn't come out for it as much. :(
>
>I'm just depressed 'cause RH9 just WORKED for me, right off of the CD.
>*sigh*
>
>Ben
>

>--

I have this experience:

1) upgraded from RH8 to FC1 at office with no major problems, two hours
of server out of operation
2) fresh install at home due to problem with RH9 that I wanted to wipe
out: no major problem.

I do not have problems wit h FC1 tha are greater than the RH9's problems
at installation (and operation)...so upgrade and stay happy!!!
But RH9 didn't work for me,as you say, just out of the box  ;-)

Antonio

 Written with  Mozilla 1.4.1 on Linux Fedora Core 1
 Utilizzo Mozilla 1.4.1 su Linux Fedora Core 1