removed MP3 support in media players in fedora core 1

Edward Croft ecroft at openratings.com
Fri Dec 5 15:51:48 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-12-05 at 10:39, Michael Gargiullo wrote:

> FYI: 4 out of 6 of my computers run a linux distro exclusively. The
> others run WinXP.  One more will be converted if I can get ATI's drivers
> (With TV out) to work.  May even convert the last as well (And run
> vmware for the wife).
>
> New Englander's...  Enjoy the snow this weekend... I know I will.

I agree that Windows was a bit rough in the beginning, but it has matured.
One of my boxes at home is dual boot, RH9/Win2k, the other FC1/XP. My step-son
is looking with interest at the FC1. However, his concern, of course, is
whether it will play his games. Considering the MB uses the ATI MP320(?) chip
for video, I would have to get another graphic card since that chips is
unsupported. Yet more frustration and cost. Then I have to see if Wine will
handle his game. Oh, I could probably resolve all of this, with time, but
my priority is with the house remodelling right now. And if WBZ is right,
8-12 inches of snow will slow that down too.