bug or feature?

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Sat Dec 6 00:24:10 UTC 2003

Christoph Wickert wrote:

> But what do you think about thins: As normal user I started
> redhat-config-network and logged out a little later without exiting it.
> Direcly logged in (I needed to restart the X server) again and
> redhat-config-network was restored WITHOUT ASKING FOR A PASSWORD!!!
>
> This is a massive security problem I think!

When you start an application using Red Hat's consolehelper (which is
what you're doing), you get a "keys" icon on your panel.  Double click
the icon and "forget authorization" before you log out.

If you file a bug, request that this application always "forget" when
the process exits.  The component is "usermode-gtk".