changing the gnome window manager

Michael P. Soulier michael_soulier at mitel.com
Sat Dec 6 06:01:01 UTC 2003

On 06/12/03 Ben Stringer did say:

> > gnome-session will remember your window manager.
> >
> > Open up a terminal window and type this command:
> >
> > kill all metacity; sleep 3; /usr/bin/sawfish &
>
> killall metacity; sleep 3; /usr/bin/sawfish &
>
> and first, you must change the session style for metacity to normal (not
> restart), via "Perferences -> More Preferences -> Sessions", or metacity
> will keep restarting before sawfish can.

    Ok, this worked. Thanks.

    Two questions...

1. What the heck is the registry key for then if it's ignored?
2. Has anyone had problems with the workspace switcher applet once
running sawfish? I've tried it, and it moves all my windows around when
I change workspaces.

    Thanks,
    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <michael_soulier at mitel.com>, 613-592-2122 x2522
6000/6010/60* Development, Mitel Networks Corporation