Permissions

Marek linux at telkomsa.net
Sun Dec 7 05:10:21 UTC 2003

Hi

My home dir permissions have got a bit tangled up.

/home/marek has the correct permissions. But all the dir under that are
user 501 (-rw-r--r--) and i can not write to them.

I have tried setting the permissions with konqueror but it always gets
stuck with some file that cannot be changed.

Is there a command line to do this all in one shot. Instead of doing
chmod 777 on each dir which only seems to work. 755 does not and chmod
777 /home/marek does not either. 777 seems to be incorrect anyway.

Marek