problem connecting windows client over fedora firewall

Marcel Janssen korgull at home.nl
Sun Dec 7 20:14:28 UTC 2003

On Sunday 07 December 2003 16:23, MWB wrote:
> MAYBE its MTU problem on M$ machines ?
> Few months ago my home-lan was connected to ADSL(pppoe)
> through linux router. I had issues with some www pages.
> I changed MTU on M$ PCs (IIRC ipconfig) to
> 1492, this sloved all problems.

Unfortunately I'm not using pppoe.

Also installing a default 2.4.23 kernel didn't solve the problem.
I also compiled iptables myself and that also didn't solve anything.

ping from my windows machine shows nothing strange. It shows decent timings
and no packet loss. http and ftp requests from my windows machine are not
successful.

regards,
Marcel