scsi cd-writer

Jim Woodward jimwoodward1937 at adelphia.net
Sun Dec 7 21:05:48 UTC 2003

I have a mobostar motherboard with a celeron p4 2.4ghxz cpu.
The original Fedora installation recognozes my cd-writer, but the kernel upgrade by Fedora and kernel 2.6.0test11 recognizes the adapter (adaptec 2940), but doesn't recognize the cd-writer. Until Fedora put out a kernel upgrade that also didn't recognize the cd-writer, I thought this was a 2.6.0 kernel problem, but it appears not. Any suggestions on getting my cd-writer recognized under the 2.6.0 kernel will be appreciated!