cdrecord 255 error on Fedora?

Michael Schwendt ms-nospam-0306 at arcor.de
Sun Dec 7 21:45:56 UTC 2003

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 21:56:16 +0100, Nick Wilson wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> cdrecord is returning a 'exit code 255' though worked just fine on RH9
> before...
>
> Anyone know where I should *begin* with this issue?

Find a step-by-step test case on how to reproduce it.  Is it specific to
cdrecord? That means, does cdrecord work for you on the command line? Or
is it an interface problem between k3b and cdrecord?

Issues with cdrecord/k3b have been discussed several times on this list.
Last two days ago (see list archives). I'm unable to reproduce any
problems. I haven't seen debug output yet either. With a suggestion on
where to start, one could prepare an alternative cdrecord package and see
whether that changes it.