Pocket PC with fedora

Sean Hogston sean at hogston.net
Mon Dec 8 02:54:18 UTC 2003

On Sun, 2003-12-07 at 19:16, Arturo Duran wrote:
> --- Sean Hogston <sean at hogston.net> wrote:
>
> > I dont have the axim but i have an ipaq 5455 and I
> > was able to get
> > multisync to work and then use synce to make the
> > connection to
> > evolution.
> >
> > www.multisync.org
> > www.synce.sourceforge.net/synce
> >
> > Good Luck,
> > sean
> >

> Hi, Sean,
>
> Could you please tell us how you managed that?.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Arturo Duran

Multisync released version .81 last week. They now have rpms built for
Fedora. I grabbed all the plugins even though i wasnt using them all
now. I installed all of them with no problems.
Then i went and got the rpms for synce and installed them along with the
tray icon package for gnome.

you will need to follow the instructions on the sunce site to MAKE SURE
it works before you try and use multisync. Otherwise you will be wasting
your time. There is some configuration you need to do before it is ready
to go.

I was able to sync evolution over to my ipaq for contacts, calander,
todo lists. I still havnt tested it much yet though to see if there are
any problems creating or editing things on the ipaq and sending them
back to my laptop.

Also I have not figured out how to resync after i pull it out of the
cradel. I have to reboot to get the synce stuff to recognize it again.

Hope this helps.

Sean