Installing KDE PIM

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at web.de
Mon Dec 8 14:19:09 UTC 2003

Am Mo, den 08.12.2003 schrieb Trevor Smith um 06:42:
> On Sun, 07 Dec 2003 17:26:29 +0100, Christoph Wickert wrote:
>
> >What does
> ># rpm -q redhat-config-packages
> >say?
>
> it says
>
> [root at localhost root]# rpm -q redhat-config-packages
> redhat-config-packages-1.2.6-1

This is what I expected. You need to update to 1.2.7-1, which is in
updates-released.

The problem with this version of redhat-config-packages is that it fails
to find the CDroms, so if you want to install a package with several
dependencies, you'll need to install them all separately. You can do so
by clicking a file in nautilus/konqueror, everything is fine, if you
install the dependent files first.

To see what files are required, hit the "details" Button of
redhat-install-packages. Or just update redhat-config-packages to 1.2.7
or use yum (yum install kdepim)

Christoph