RHEL Desktop

Preston Crawford me at prestoncrawford.com
Mon Dec 8 16:14:22 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 07:50, McKeever Chris wrote:
> I noticed yesterday at the store, that there is a RHEL desktop version, for about $100
> it comes with support and upgrades.
>
> is there major differences with that and RHEL server?  or is it the same deal with thier old personal vs. professional RH line? were once you get
> under the hood, you can find everything you need to slide personal up to having all the packages as pro.
>
> I am just thinking that if you can build it as a server, then that saves $$ off the server line, but I am sure there is a catch here

That's why I went with Fedora instead of buying this. I'd love to
continue to support OSS with my dollars, but not if I'm going to be told
I can't run Samba or MySQL or Apache for development on my box. This
kind of arbitrary breakdown in licensing is what Microsoft does and is
part of why I prefer Linux instead and don't use MS any longer.

Preston