RAID Status monitor?

Exile In Paradise exile at weylan-yutani.com
Mon Dec 8 18:55:10 UTC 2003

Howdy all!
Quick question for the experts:

Is there a small applet that can run on the GNOME panel that will
monitor/show the status of metadevices and logical volumes.

With all the lockups of the last week, my mirrorset took a beating, and
an open window with 'watch cat /proc/mdstat' was pretty helpful.

I am just glad that I thought to check the mdstat after the first
lockup, since that one trashed one drives partition table and
everything... I had to rebuild the mirror completely.

A nifty panel applet that just showed some red/yellow/green health
indication and progress status for resyncs would be cool if such a thing
already exists.

Thanks in advance if you can point me to something already existing...
if not, I will get bizzy with some Java this weekend.
--
Exile In Paradise