Running Solaris apps on Linux

Marco Aurelio Torino Ribeiro marco.torino at directnet.com.br
Mon Dec 8 19:26:23 UTC 2003

Hi, Folks!

    I know this may be a little off-topic, but I am trying to run some
Solaris apps on a Linux workstation, and the colors are displayed
incorrectle in some of them.

    When I run the same apps from Windows PCs (using a program called
X-Win, to "emulate" an X-Server in Windows), I have to check an option
called "pseudo-colors" so that the colors display correctly.

    Does anybody know where can I configure Linux to fix that? I've
already tried to recompile the kernel and to change some options of
XFree86, but none of these succeeded.

    If anyone has already ran into this problem and could help me, I
would be very grateful.

Marco Aurélio Torino Ribeiro
marco.torino at ig.com.br
marco.torino at directnet.com.br