Mouse Problem

Andre Costa acosta at ar.microlink.com.br
Mon Dec 8 23:45:14 UTC 2003

Is gpm (console mouse) enabled on your machine? Here on my box leaving
it on while I run X causes the mouse to simply stop responding out of
the blue (I know this is not what you're going through, but since
behavior is erratic and drivers are different, who knows...)

HTH

Andre

On Tue, 09 Dec 2003 00:39:38 +0100
Thomas <J.a.d.E at gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi There,
> I experience strange mouse behavoir, and that now as i finally started
>
> to really like fedora. I have an optical IntelliMouse (wheel, 5 keys).
>
> Movement and so on works fine, the problem are the clicks. Sometimes
> gnome misunderstands a single click as doubleclick. Sometimes it acts
> like clicked when I drag a window around on its title bar while beeing
>
> moved. This is most annoying, because it happens very ofthen that the
> window minimizes while i wanted to just move it, or that a starter
> starts instead of beeing moved. Sometimes when i decide to click the
> delete button on my email client, it misunderstands the click as
> doubleclick and deletes 2 mails instead of one... Bad Idea (TM)
>
> It seems that while the Mouse Button is held down, sometimes a
> spontaneous ghost click event is generated without obvious reason.
>
> Any hints on this?
>
> Oh, i installed the Graphic card driver from ATI, im using an ATI
> Radeon 9700pro. Could the ATI X-Server thingie have anything to do
> with that?
>
> Thanx would be happy on expressions of compassion.
>
> Thomas
>

> --

Andre Oliveira da Costa