[Fwd: AMD64 Preview Release Updates]

Gareth Bult Gareth at Bult.co.uk
Tue Dec 9 15:29:55 UTC 2003

Hi,

I have an ASUS SK8N and can happily run i386 Fedora, and indeed I've
compiled up
the 2.6-test11 kernel in "Operton" mode and even manage to run off SATA
disks - no problem.

However, I can't seem to boot off any of the x86_64 kernels or the
boot.iso image supplied at
duke.edu .. it gets as far as /sbin/loader and has a complete panic
attack ..

Are there any instructions out there re; compiling up an x86_64 kernel
on an i386 machine ?
(I suspect trial and error might work as I seem to be able to build
working kernels in i386 mode)

??

tia
Gareth.