Installation stops on CD test.

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Tue Dec 9 22:18:57 UTC 2003

Vinicius wrote:
> Hello,
> On first try, the installation stopped on xpdf package, some about a
> problem on cd;
> On second try, the installation stopped on cd 2 test.
> So, I did get the cd 2 from other site and the problem continue on cd 2
> test.
> Anybody can help me?

Try reinstalling, but choose ext2 filesystems rather than the default
ext3.  RH7.1, 7.2, 7.3, 8.0 and 9 all sometimes exhibit this issue,
and perhaps Fedora does too.

If it works, then you can convert to ext3 filesystems after you're
done with the install.  Only the installer kernel shows this particular
glitch.  Instructions are at http://www.rhil.net/docs/ext2-to-ext3.html

I wish someone would figure out why it does that.
-         It is better to have loved and lost.  Cheaper, too!        -