Sound That Keeps On Playing

michael pennington mepenn at comcast.net
Tue Dec 9 11:15:24 UTC 2003

I have up-graded my mother board to a SAYO Dragon KT400 Ultra. This
board has a sound chip on board. The Sound Chip is Mfg by C-Media
Electronics Inc, Model CM8738 and Module: (Driver) cmpci.

In both KDE and Gnome, I can close and re-boot and the sound keeps on
playing. The Auto Dialog Box will not appear and had no control over the
sound/CD-ROM. I have control of the Dialog Box in Gnome.

It looks like that the mother board is controling the sound !

Would like to be able to get control of my sound/auto.

Thanks
Michael