Mozilla Plugins Cause Moz to die

Tim Lesher tim at lesher.ws
Wed Dec 10 08:38:08 UTC 2003

On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 01:44:35PM -0800, Rick Johnson wrote:
> Anyone else experiencing sudden Mozilla death (or Firebird for that
> matter) when using one of Sun's latest J2RE/J2SDK 1.4.2_2 or the webex
> plugins which are offered for Red Hat webcasts?

Yep.  In my experience, this is usually caused by using a plugin that
was compiled with a different version of the compiler than Mozilla
was.  For example, if I link to the non-gcc32 version of the Java
plugin, I get this behavior; linking to the plugin in the ns610-gcc32
directory works.

--
Tim Lesher <tim at lesher.ws>
http://www.lesher.ws