Oracle 9i and Fedora (again)

dballester at kernpharma.com dballester at kernpharma.com
Wed Dec 10 10:08:13 UTC 2003

Hi:
      Seems to be a great research work, but may be you are spending a lot
of effort, aren't you? As somebody pointed before Follow instructions from
http://www.puschitz.com/ BUT before start the Oracle Universal Installer (
OUI ) apply the following oracle patch 3006854 that you can obtain from
metalink. If you don't have acces to metalink, let me know and I will send
you the patch by mail 1,4K ziped file.

      Execute it and start OUI, all will go well without problems.

HTH

Regards

|         |           David Muse         |
|         |           <david.muse at firstwo|
|         |           rks.com>           |
|         |           Enviado por:       |
|         |           fedora-list-admin at r|
|         |           edhat.com          |
|         |           09/12/2003 20:59   |
|         |           Por favor, responda|
|         |           a fedora-list      |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                             |
  |     Para:     fedora-list at redhat.com                                                                                        |
  |     cc:                                                                                                                     |
  |     Asunto:   Oracle 9i and Fedora (again)                                                                                  |

>Hello All,

>I've seen a bit of discussion on the list about this, but no solution yet.

>I tried to install Oracle 9iR2 on Fedora Core 1 and ran into the
__libc_wait not found problem after running runInstaller.

>It appears that the Oracle 9iR2 installer uses whatever JRE is specified
by JRE_LOCATION in Disk1/install/linux/oraparam.ini.  By default,