Fedora Core 1 on an ASUS A7V600 motherboard

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Wed Dec 10 13:39:42 UTC 2003

Zach Wilkinson wrote :

> > - onboard sound doesn't seem to work, apparently it does in 2.6 with
> > ALSA, I didn't try very hard with this in 2.4
>
> I don't know much about ALSA, but I enabled it when I compiled 2.6, and
> installed lib rpms.  The modules loaded, but I still got no sound.  Same
> as OSS drivers.

If you don't know much about ALSA and that the modules loaded but with no
sound, maybe it's just because you didn't unmute the main and PCM channels
by running "alsamixer" and pressing the "m" key to remove the "M" mark on
them. Just a thought, but many people run into this issue.

Matthias

Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow) - Linux kernel 2.4.22-1.2129.nptl
Load : 0.02 0.91 1.51