Java Plugin for Mozilla

David S. Johnson dsjohnson at adelphia.net
Wed Dec 10 19:22:31 UTC 2003

Jason Malone wrote:

>My plugin directory is /usr/lib/mozilla-1.4.1/plugins/
>
>As root I cd to /usr/lib/mozilla-1.4.1/plugins/ and ran the command:
>
>"ln -s
>/opt/j2sdk_nb/j2sdk1.4.2/jre/plugin/i386/ns610-gcc32/libjavaplugin_oji.so  libjavaplugin_oji.so"

FYI, it is usually preferable to install plugins into the generic
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins directory, instead of a release-specific
directory.  You will find that both directories exist, and both work,
but the release-specific one won't work when you install a later release
of mozilla.

   "Oh scholar, if your scholarship benefits not Mankind,
    you deserve not admiration but contempt." -- Kahlil Gibran