how bleeding edge will the next fedora release be?

Preston Crawford me at prestoncrawford.com
Wed Dec 10 22:28:44 UTC 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: Pedro Fernandes Macedo
Sent: 12/10/2003 3:31:40 PM
To: fedora-list at redhat.com
Subject: Re: how bleeding edge will the next fedora release be?

> I'd preffer to have a stable release of Fedora , specially with the 2.6 kernel. Right now I'm trying to convince my colleagues that fedora is stable and it can (and should) be used in our servers . The other option we have is Suse , but , as we had chosen Red Hat 9 , the expected path to take is Fedora...
>
> Pedro Macedo

I'm a "switcher" from SuSE, in part because of my fear that SuSE would start raising prices arbitrarily. So for my money Red Hat has an excellent opportunity to gain mindshare with Fedora, get people used to Red Hat-like distros and maybe when they actually have a purchasing situation they'll purchase Red Hat (either education licensing, RHEL, whatever) over SuSE.

Preston