redhat-config-packages configuration

Carlos skyclan at gmx.net
Thu Dec 11 01:01:11 UTC 2003

Hello,

I downloaded the 3 Fedora Core ISO images, extracted the contents to the
local disk and made the files available via NFS for network installations.

One on the network installed machines I attempted to add further packages
through redhat-config-packages but received a message instructing me to insert
the first CD.  (I didn't burn CD's or and no longer have the ISO images).

The README states redhat-config-packages can use CD, Redhat tree, or ISO
directory.

Has anyone worked out how to use the extracted ISO files with this utility
or how to turn the extracted ISO images into a RedHat tree?  It seems strange
the OS can be installed via NFS but not update from that same source using
the tools provided?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Carlos