how bleeding edge will the next fedora release be?

Jim Cornette jim-cornette at insight.rr.com
Thu Dec 11 03:02:47 UTC 2003

Simon Windsor wrote:

>Hi
>
>So long as Redhat/Fedora initially test all new packages in 'testing'
>for a few weeks before general release I don't mind.
>
>If I want a stable system, go for Debian. I have Debian on three servers
>for that very reason, but for a fun desktop, Fedora looks fine! I only
>hope that this project has the momentum to go forward.
>
>Simon
>
>On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 02:02, David Kistner wrote:
>

>>Preston Crawford wrote:

I think that the current setup for updates, core, testing and
development are good to make a system that satisfies  everyone according
to what they are willing to risk.

Adding a security section would be a god idea as to keep newly installed
and curretly running systems as safe as possible. I like the current
structure that Fedora has.

I did get detoured a bit by adding kudzu from the development tree. It
killed redhat-config-xfree86 and redhat-config-boot. After downgrading
to safer version of kudzu both started working again. So having too easy
access to alternative repositories has its penalties also.

Also, I have used RHL since 4.2 version (5.2 as a highly used OS). The
evolution is very much as I prefer.

Jim