custom text only firstboot?

fedora fedora at packetstorm.org
Thu Dec 11 03:15:28 UTC 2003

Is there a first boot-like mechanism available thats text only?

I thought about just scripting it out and replacing a set of scripts in
/etc/init.d/,  but I thought maybe someone has got a nifty way to do this
already.

What ive built is a single cd fedora load (core and base) with updated
rpms (at lest up to the 10th). I still need to do alot more (ks.cfg
hardening like i did with RH for example), but I would like a post install
configurator ran to configure network settings, user accounts etc and pass
those variables into sed or something to updated iptables and other files
(like apache, squid, sendmail, etc etc).

If not, ill probably start looking at using Perl for this as my shell
scripting has gotten rather weak since I started using Perl for so much
stuff.

thanks

Greg